Snippets from Summer of 2023
When told that a local person would vote for him as a write-in candidate in the next presidential election ("After all," he said, "I wrote you in for the last one as well,"), Gramps said, "I'm in the right age bracket."
"I've been de-throned," he said after meeting a neighbor on the Gold Coast who is currently 95.
When the roof leaked in his bedroom (badly) and I suggested we make up a bed in a different room, he said, "Just throw a tarp over me." When the leak was repaired he told the roofer, "You mean I'll need to go all the way into the bathroom to take my morning shower instead of just standing up in my bedroom?"
"If the federal tax law rewards corporations for taxing carbon dioxide emissions, then I will incorporate myself and instruct the executor of my estate to claim upon my death a tax reduction because I am not breathing and hence not emitting carbon dioxide."
" I would like to create a new clothing line. The first product would be the jock strap. The trade name would be a Trump Supporter. I expect an endorsement from the biggest prick in the country."
Comments
Post a Comment